I <3 NY
- The big bad urban city grit. Quite unlike any other city I’ve lived in.
- The immediacy. Everything, anything and then some within a block.
- The fashion. Need I say more.
- The food. You name, New York has it.
- The weather. Snow is still a novelty to me. On the flip side, we are also rewarded with some of the bluest, clearest, sunniest skies ever.
- The architecture. ESB, Chrysler, Woolworth, Frank Gehry, tenements, town homes, cast iron.
- The melting pot. Of different cultures, sub cultures, ethnicities and nationalities.
- The attitude. Straight shooting, assertive, all or nothing New Yorkers who won’t take no for an answer yet are friendly and welcoming once you scratch beneath the surface.
- The crazies. Who can forget the crazies that every New Yorker embraces and co-exists with as part of Gotham.
- The biggest Chinatown outside Asia. Love it or hate it, this Chinatown is and will always be the bomb.
Some say the 10-year mark qualifies you as a bona fide New Yorker.
Though we are only half way there, I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be living here. New York, we’ll be back.
PS: Happy 50th Post.